Our commitment to you:
We have previously taken care to provide a safe, clean and restful place to serve you. Now, we are enhancing those precautions to reduce the risk and spread of coronavirus within our offices, as required by the Government of BC Provincial Health Office, WorksafeBC, and our regulatory colleges. Staff are happy to answer any questions you may have.
By coming to our office, you are assuming an increased risk of exposure to the coronavirus (or other public health risk). By nature of services of massage therapy, osteopathy, and some counselling techniques, physical distancing will not be entirely possible in the treatment room. Therapists will demonstrate physical distancing whenever it is possible.
Although not required, we will also have masks, gloves and goggles available for use if you would feel safer for both of us to be using those.
Your Responsibility to Minimize Exposure
Please take precautions which will help keep everyone (you and your family, our staff and families and other clients) safer from exposure. If you do not adhere to these safeguards, we will request you leave immediately and resume telehealth options, if possible.
You agree that you will:
* reschedule your appointment if you are aware that you have been exposed to COVID and/or travelled outside of the province in the last 14 days. We will not charge you for the cancellation.
* arrive for your in-person appointment symptom-free
* wash your hands/use hand sanitizer as you enter our building/reception area.
* wait outside in your vehicle until no earlier than 5 min before your appointment.
* follow safe physical distancing precautions we set up in the reception and therapy rooms, keeping 6ft distance as much as possible.
* try not to touch your face with your hands.
* not bring anyone else into the office with you.
The above precautions if additional orders or guidelines are published. If that happens, we will discuss with you any necessary changes.
If any of BITS staff test positive for coronavirus, we will notify you so that you can take appropriate precautions. If you have tested positive for coronavirus, have a fever or any other symptoms, or believe you have been exposed, please inform our office so that we and other clients can take precautions. We may be required to notify the local public health office if you have not been in contact already. Information shared will be the minimum required for their data collection and not include information related to your therapeutic goals.